Online courses are easy to do and can be done anywhere, anytime and on any computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
Our online Abrasive Wheels training is a 1-2 hour interactive course that includes all of the information from our half day Abrasive Wheels course.
How Online Courses Work
- The online training course can be booked via our website or email. We ask all delegates to provide their individual email addresses for enrolment purposes. We are unable to enrol multiple delegates with one email address.
- Once the booking and payment is received, an online account is created by a member of our team within the hour. Please note that enrolments for online course will take place only in our opening hours (8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 4:00pm on Fridays)
- A member of our team will email you to confirm the enrolment and provide instructions on how to access the course. You will also receive a separate, automated email with a link to take you to the course site.
- You are then able to complete your training at a time and pace which suits you. Certificates are not generated automatically upon successful completion of the course, a member of our team monitors completions each morning, creates the certificates and then sends them via email the next working day. Please note, this only happens during office hours.
Abrasive Wheels Course Aim
The aim of the Abrasive Wheels training course is to provide a thorough understanding of the safety around using Abrasive Wheels so safe working practices can be adopted in the workplace.
Who Should Complete This Course?
This Abrasive Wheels online training course is suitable for anyone that works within the manufacturing and construction industry and uses Abrasive Wheels and/or Diamond Blades including bench/pedestal/angle grinders in their day to day job.
Course Overview (certificate valid for 2 years)
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Safety in the Use of Abrasive Wheels HSG17
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1998
- The Correct Use of PPE
- Hazards Arising from Use of Abrasive Wheels
- Methods of Marking Abrasive Wheels
- Methods of Storing, Handling & Transporting Abrasive Wheels
- Mounting Procedures & Precautions
- Diamond Wheels
- Electric and Petrol Machines
- Safe Use of the Machines and Equipment
Duration of our courses depends on the experience of the candidate. For someone who already possesses prior knowledge of this topic, they may complete the course in under 30 minutes. For someone who does not have prior experience, they may take longer to complete the course.