Online courses are easy to do and can be done anywhere, anytime and on any computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
How Online Courses Work
- The online training course can be booked via our website or email. We ask all delegates to provide their individual email addresses for enrolment purposes. We are unable to enrol multiple delegates with one email address.
- Once the booking and payment is received, an online account is created by a member of our team within the hour. Please note that enrolments for online course will take place only in our opening hours (8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 4:00pm on Fridays)
- A member of our team will email you to confirm the enrolment and provide instructions on how to access the course. You will also receive a separate, automated email with a link to take you to the course site.
- You are then able to complete your training at a time and pace which suits you. Certificates are not generated automatically upon successful completion of the course, a member of our team monitors completions each morning, creates the certificates and then sends them via email the next working day. Please note, this only happens during office hours.
After delegates have completed their training, they will be directed to a short test. The test can be repeated if needed and in-house certificates are issued upon successful completion of both elements. Please note that this course does not include any ‘practical training’. If you have not had previous Harness Safety training before, we strongly recommend attending a face-to-face course first.
Harness Safety Online Course Aim
The aim of the Harness Safety online training course is to ensure that anyone who uses safety harnesses and lanyards has a comprehensive understanding of the different types available, together with the appropriate Health and Safety knowledge involved in safety harness and lanyards training.
Who Should Complete This Course?
The online Safety Harness course is designed for individuals who use safety harness and lanyards in their line of work.
Course Overview (certificate valid for 2 years)
- Health & Safety Laws and Regulations including the Work at Height Regulations 2005
- The Responsibilities of Employees and their Employers According to the Law
- The Different Types and Applicable Uses of Harnesses and Lanyards
- Correct Selection of Equipment
- The Safe Inspection of the Equipment
- How to Work Safely in your Harness with your Lanyard
- Devising a Safe Rescue Plan Should the Worst Happen
- The Correct Way to Store the Equipment
Duration of our courses depends on the experience of the candidate. For someone who already possesses prior knowledge of this topic, they may complete the course in under 30 minutes. For someone who does not have prior experience, they may take longer to complete the course.
You may also be interested in: Working at Height Online