Online courses are easy to do and can be done from the comfort of your own office/home.
Our online Management of Catastrophic Bleeding course is approximately 3 hours long. At the end of the course, the delegate will complete a short test. The test can be repeated as many times as you need and upon completion, certificates will be issued.
After you book your Management of Catastrophic Bleeding online course, we will email you a link along with a username and password so you can get started.
Management of Catastrophic Bleeding Course Aim
The aim of the Management of Catastrophic Bleeding online course is to provide learners with a comprehensive overview of how we to manage Catastrophic Bleeding in a safe manner.
European Resuscitation Council (ERC) First Aid Guidelines 2015
- Why We Should Follow Them
- Time to Undo what we Thought we Knew
- Catastrophic Bleeding and the Primary Survey
- Sit, Examine and Apply Direct Pressure – Getting the Right Emphasis
Use of Tourniquets
- What are the Risks of Applying a Tourniquet
- Where to Apply a Tourniquet
- What if the Tourniquet is not Effective
- How to Apply a Manufactured Tourniquet
- How to Apply a Tourniquet Safely in the Classroom
- How to Apply an Improvised TourniquetUse of Haemostatic Dressings
- Celox and Quikclot Product Familiarisation
- Packing a Wound – With or Without a Haemostatic Dressing
- Tourniquet or Haemostatic Dressing – Which First?
3 Hours (on average)