The NEBOSH General Certificate is the most popular Health & Safety qualification in the UK and is considered very important for anyone to looking to pursue a career in health & safety. NEBOSH Qualifications are often considered the minimum requirement for a job in health & safety.
The qualification is divided into three units:
- Management of Health & Safety
- Health and Safety Management Systems – Plan
- Health and Safety Management Systems – Do
- Health and Safety Management Systems – Check
- Health and Safety Management Systems – Act
- Workplace Hazards and Risk Control
- Transport Hazards and Risk Control
- Musculo-Skeletal Hazards and Risk Control
- Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Control
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
- Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Control
- Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Control
- Workplace-Based Assignment
Units NGC1 and GC2 are taught units each assessed by a two-hour written examination. Each written examination consists of ten ‘short-answer’ questions and one ‘long-answer’ question. All questions are compulsory. Candidate scripts are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH.
Unit NGC3 is assessed by one two-hour practical examination carried out in the candidate’s own workplace. The assessment must normally be taken within 10 working days of a written examination. The practical examination is internally assessed by the programme organiser and externally moderated by NEBOSH.
Candidates will be awarded a unit certificate for each unit passed. Once a candidate has successfully completes all three units (NGC1, GC2 and GC3), the overall qualification parchment will be issued.
£1100 + VAT Per Person