The qualification consists of two mandatory units. The first unit develops learners’ knowledge and understanding of the principles and process of safe manual handling and risk assessment. The second unit develops learners’ knowledge and skills so that they can prepare, deliver and evaluate a training session.
Unit 1: Understanding the Principles of Manual Handling
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
Unit 2: Delivering a Training Session
- Be able to produce a plan for a training session.
- Be able to deliver a training session.
- Be able to evaluate training sessions.