NVQ Level 2 – Building Maintenance (CSCS Blue Card)
Who Should Attend?
The NVQ Level 2 in Building Maintenance is designed for any person or employee that is currently working as a Building Maintenance Operative onsite or domestically and requires a nationally recognised qualification in this occupation. The NVQ Level 2 is also for those looking to gain their CSCS Blue Skilled Card.
- Confirming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Deliver reliable customer service
- Establishing work area protection and safety in the workplace
- Plus one of: Maintenance of Carpentry/ Maintenance of Painting/ Maintenance Tiling/ Maintenance Plastering/ Maintenance Roofing/ Maintenance Trowel Occupations
Method of assessment
The Level 2 NVQ is assessed on-site. These on-site assessments are not disruptive to your day to work, the assessor will observe and record your day to day tasks. Evidence is collected through video, photographs, professional discussions and method statements.
On average it can take candidates anywhere between 2-4 months to complete their Level 2 NVQ. The duration is very much dependant on the quality of evidence that the assessor can collect on each visit.
A CITB grant of £600 is available to companies registered with the construction industry training board.