NVQ Level 2 – Built up Bituminous Roofing (CSCS Blue Card)
Who Should attend?
The NVQ Level 2 in Built up Bituminous Roofing is designed for any person or employee that is currently working as a Built up Bituminous Roofer and requires a nationally recognised qualification in this occupation. The NVQ Level 2 is also for those looking to gain their CSCS Blue Skilled Card.
- QCF 641 – Conforming to general health, safety & welfare in the workplace
- QCF 642 – Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- QCF 643 – Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- QCF 106 – Prepare background surfaces for bitumen roofing in the workplace
- QCF 107 – Apply bitumen felt roofing in the workplace
- QCF 108 – Repair and maintain bitumen felt roofing in the workplace.
Method of assessment
The Level 2 NVQ is assessed on-site. These on-site assessments are not disruptive to your day to work, the assessor will observe and record your day to day tasks. Evidence is collected through video, photographs, professional discussions and method statements.
On average it can take candidates anywhere between 2-4 months to complete their Level 2 NVQ. The duration is very much dependant on the quality of evidence that the assessor can collect on each visit.
A CITB grant of £400 to £488 is available to companies registered with the construction industry training board.