NVQ Level 2 – Site Carpentry (CSCS Blue Card)
Who Should Attend?
The NVQ Level 2 in Site Carpentry is designed for any person or employee that is currently working as a Carpenter onsite and requires a nationally recognised qualification in this occupation. The NVQ Level 2 is also for those looking to gain their CSCS Blue Skilled Card.
- Confirming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Erecting structural carcassing components in the workplace
- Installing fire resisting timber door assemblies and doorsets in the workplace
- Install first fixing components in the workplace
- Install second fixing components in the workplace
- Maintaining non-structural carpentry work in the workplace
Method of assessment
The Level 2 NVQ is assessed on-site. These on-site assessments are not disruptive to your day to work, the assessor will observe and record your day to day tasks. Evidence is collected through video, photographs, professional discussions and method statements.
On average it can take candidates anywhere between 2-4 months to complete their Level 2 NVQ. The duration is very much dependant on the quality of evidence that the assessor can collect on each visit.
A CITB grant of £600 is available to companies registered with the construction industry training board.