NVQ Level 3 – Bricklaying (CSCS Gold Card)
Who Should Attend?
The NVQ Level 3 in Bricklaying is designed for any person or employee that is currently working as a Bricklayer onsite or domestically and requires a nationally recognised qualification in this occupation. The NVQ Level 3 is also for those looking to gain their CSCS Gold Advanced Craft Card.
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Confirming to occupational method of work in the workplace
- Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational work area in the workplace
- Erecting masonry structures in the workplace
- Applying solid render to background surfaces and producing finishes in the workplace
- Repairing and maintaining masonry structures in the workplace
- Setting out masonry structures in the workplace
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
- Placing and finishing non-specialist concrete in the workplace
- Producing internal solid plastering finishes in the world
Method of assessment
The Level 3 NVQ is assessed on-site. These on-site assessments are not disruptive to your day to work, the assessor will observe and record your day to day tasks. Evidence is collected through video, photographs, professional discussions and method statements.
On average it can take candidates anywhere between 4-6 months to complete their Level 3 NVQ. The duration is very much dependant on the quality of evidence that the assessor can collect on each visit.
A CITB grant of £600 is available to companies registered with the construction industry training board.