RTITB Forklift Novice Operator Training Course Aim
On completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- operate the truck model used during training safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturers handbook and accepted good practice
- Understand the causes of instability of trucks and loads
- be able to carry out a routine pre-use inspection of the truck
Who should attend the RTITB Forklift Novice Operator Training course?
This course is designed for those without previous experience who wish to learn how to operate a forklift truck.
- Introduction to the lift truck
- Control and instruments
- Starting, moving and stopping the truck
- Steering the truck
- Weight assessment
- Handling laden and unladen pallets
- Driving on/off ramps and inclines
- Road vehicle loading and unloading
- Practical test/knowledge exam