Introduction to Carpentry Course Aim
This course provides an introduction into some of the key themes within the construction sector, enabling students to develop and apply their knowledge while also acquiring a range of relevant practical, communication and technical construction-related skills.
Who Should Attend This Course?
This level 1 Award is aimed at anyone who wants to either improve their existing skills, or learn from scratch the skills needed to enter the construction industry in their chosen craft.
During this course, you will study the following two units:
- Health and Safety and Welfare in Construction (includes hazards, risks, accidents & more)
- Developing Practical Skills (includes tooling, materials & practical sessions)
During your course you will cover the following:
- Using Hand Tools such as Chisels, Planes etc.
- Cut Basic Joints
- Cut and Fit Architraves and Skirtings
- Fit a Door into a Lining/Frame (Time Permitting)
This course is purely practical based, this means that your tasks will be hands-on giving you a good understanding of the principles of Carpentry & Joinery. Candidates are assessed throughout the course through written, verbal and video evidence.
5 Days + External Learning
BTEC Level 2 Award in Construction – Carpentry
The full cost of this course is £295 + VAT Per Person. We can split the cost across instalments should you prefer, please call us on 01473 830255 to discuss this.
Please note, courses are subject to minimum numbers