A Level 3 NVQ in Occupational Work Supervision has been around for a while, but what exactly does it involve?
The NVQ is designed for practicing Site Supervisors that are looking to gain a formal qualification in their job role and subsequently go on to the apply for the CSCS Gold Supervisors Card. The qualification, recognised across the UK, is proof that the candidate is competent and has demonstrated the necessary skills and knowledge relevant to the site supervisors role. Once each candidate achieves a Level 3 NVQ in Site Supervision, they will receive an accredited certificate that does not expire.
The NVQ itself is comprises of 5 mandatory units as follows:
- Confirming the method of work in the workplace
- Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational work area in the workplace
- Co-coordinating and organising work operations in the workplace
- Develop and maintain good work relationships in the workplace
- Implementing and maintaining health, safety and welfare in the workplace
and 2 of the following optional units:
- Allocating and monitoring the use of plant, machinery & equipment in the workplace
- Confirming work meets quality standards
- Contributing to the circulation of construction related project information in the workplace
- Coordinating and confirming dimensional control requirements of the work in the workplace
- Implementing procedures to support the teams performance in the work place
- Monitoring progress of work against schedules in the workplace
The approximate time frame of completing the Level 3 NVQ in Occupational Work Supervision is between 3-6 months. Evidence is collected for the NVQ using Videos, Professional Discussion, Method Statements/Risk Assessments/Job Specifications, Witness Testimony, Question Sheets and more.
The Gold CSCS Card that becomes available once achieving the Level 3 NVQ is valid for 5 years and can be renewed there after by passing the Supervisors Health, Safety and Environment Test. If you are interested in taking the Level 3 NVQ in Site Supervision, or have a question you’d like to ask, please call us on 01473 744412