Eastern Region Training provides over 50 courses in East Anglia. Call One of our team for more information on 01473 830225
Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme
If you don’t know much about the SSSTS Training courses, click here. it’s a 2-day training course that focuses on the health & safety responsibilities of the Site Supervisor. The course falls under the ‘Site Safety Plus’ courses that CITB recently introduced which aim to improve overall health & safety on site.
Over the 2 days, you will study the following areas:
- Investigate events which led, or may have led to injury
- Have an appreciation of the legal reporting system
- Understand the monitoring and recording systems required
- Be able to prepare formal reports
- Be able to make logical proposals to prevent further occurrences
- The definition of an accident and the main causes of them
- The need of a structured investigation procedure
- The principals of accident investigation using HS(G)245
- The reporting of injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences (RIDDOR)
- Near miss investigation
- Practical experience of investigation through scenario accidents
During the course you will have the opportunity to interact with the tutor and other attendees of the course and you will also be required to fill in work sheets and take a test at the end. The test consists of 25 questions and is designed to test your knowledge gained from the previous 5 days of the SSSTS Course. All delegates receive two CITB publications from the course, one of which is a Toolbox talk guidance book and the other is the ‘Site Supervision Simplified’ publication that provides in depth guidance on everything a Site Supervisor needs to know from tool box talks to accidents.
SSSTS refresher course
Following completion of the course, each successful candidate gains a CITB accredited SSSTS certificate that is valid for 5 years. To renew this certificate, you must sit a 1 day SSSTS refresher course every 5 years, this must be done before your SSSTS certificate expires.
If you would like further information on this course, or would like to book a space, please visit our website: