The aim of this course is to give individuals who have no or limited experience in teaching the knowledge and skills so that they can go onto to teach in their specialist vocational area. The course is accredited through TQUK and regulated by ofqual.
Unit 1: Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understand the teaching role and responsibilities within education and training
- Understand ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Understand the relationship between teachers
Unit 2: Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education
- Be able to plan inclusive teaching and learning
- Be able to deliver inclusive teaching and learning
- Be able to evaluate the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning
Unit 3: Understanding assessment in education and training
- Understand types of methods of assessment used in education and training
- Understand how to involve learners in the assessment process
- Understand the role and use of constructive feedback in the assessment process
- Understand requirements for keeping records of assessment in education and training
- Anne Gravell’s teaching text book for reference
- Eastern Training resource pack to take away
- First-class support and guidance throughout the course
- Pre-course assignment must be completed before course commences
- Classroom based and delivered in a friendly environment
- Homework will be issued daily that needs to be completed for the following days training
- This course includes a short micro-teach at the end on the 4th day of the course
The TQUK range of Education and Training qualifications give any learner the ability to gain skills and knowledge from different areas of teaching.
The Teaching and Education sector is becoming increasingly broader and the TQUK have made sure that they have all the resources available to ensure any learner is successful in their career.
Teaching/training roles in this field include: Primary schools, secondary schools, Further Education and Higher Education posts, University teaching, adult education institutes, hospitals, prisons and detention centres, professional bodies and training organisations.